Argus Technologies respects the security and confidentiality of your personal data and attaches a great deal of importance to this. Furthermore, Argus Technologies respects the laws on the protection of privacy and the protection and security of data, including the European privacy regulation Algemene Verordening Gegevensbescherming (AVG), also known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This means that in all circumstances we:
- process personal data in accordance with the purpose for which it is provided and that these purposes and types of personal data are described in our privacy statement;
- limit the processing of your personal data to the data that is a minimum requirement for the purposes for which it is processed;
- request your express authorisation if we need this to process your personal data;
- have taken the necessary technical and organisational measures to ensure that the security of your personal data is guaranteed;
- communicate no personal data to other parties unless this is necessary for achieving the purposes for which they are provided;
- are aware of your rights regarding personal data, seek to inform you of these rights and respect them.
We hope that the policy as set out here will give you a better understanding of the kind of information that Argus Technologies gathers, the way Argus Technologies uses and protects it and the companies to which Argus Technologies may communicate this information.
Why do we process personal data?
Your personal data is processed by Argus Technologies for the following purposes and legal bases:
- to implement an agreement;
- to send out newsletters, invitations and other communications;
- to respect legal requirements or to comply with requests from the competent authorities.
Through its websites Argus Technologies collects only that personally identifiable information about you (such as your name, address, telephone number or email address) that you yourself provide us with (for example through an agreement, contact, registration, enrolment or survey). If there is certain information you do not wish to communicate to us then you are under no obligation to do so. It is possible that we may store, process and share personal data with our subsidiaries worldwide to gain better insight into your needs and to understand how we can improve our services. We never communicate personal data to other parties with which we have not concluded a processing agreement. With these parties (processors) we lay down in any such agreements the necessary measures to guarantee the protection of your personal data. We will not communicate the data provided to third parties unless this is legally required and authorised.
We can also share personal data with third parties if you give your permission for us to do so. You are entitled to withdraw this permission at any time.
Automatic collection of information that is not personally identifiable
When you visit our webpages we may automatically collect information (thus not through registration) that is not personally identifiable (for example, type of Internet browser used and operating system, domain name of website you were on before you visited our site, the number of visits, the average amount of time you spend on the website, pages consulted). We may use this information and share it with our subsidiaries worldwide in order to measure the use of our website and improve the content. This data is not communicated to third parties.
When you visit our website we may place certain information, such as cookies, on your computer so that we can automatically recognise you when you next visit our website. Cookies can help you and us in many ways. For example, they can enable us to adapt a website so that it is better suited to your needs, or store your password so that you don’t have to enter it each time you visit the website. If you do not want to be recognised then you need to set your Internet browser so that cookies are deleted automatically from your computer’s hard disk, so that cookies are blocked, or so that you are given a warning before a cookie is stored. Our website remains accessible even if you don’t accept cookies.
Argus Technologies stores your personal data no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it has been provided or in accordance with legal requirements.
We have taken the appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data from illegal processing. In other words we have taken measures that include the following:
- Anyone who is able to consult your data on behalf of Argus Technologies is bound to respect confidentiality;
- All our systems have a user name and password policy;
- We pseudonymise and encrypt personal data when there is reason to do so;
- We create back-ups of the personal data so it can be restored in the event of a physical or technical incident;
- We regularly test and evaluate our measures;
- Our employees are informed of the importance of protecting personal data.
Your rights regarding your data
You are allowed to consult and correct or remove the personal data we have been given. You are free to consult, request a correction or removal of the personal data you have provided us with at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the data previously communicated and the desired change or removal or by writing to: Argus Technologies, for the attn. of the Privacy Team, Baarbeek 1, BE-2070 Zwijndrecht.
You can oppose the processing of your personal data or of any part of this data by us or one of our employees. You are also allowed to request that the data provided be transferred to yourself or another party. We can ask you to establish your legitimacy before carrying out the aforementioned requests.
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data please contact us directly. You can always lodge a complaint with the GBA [Data Protection Authority], the supervisory body in the field of privacy protection.
Changes to privacy statement
Argus Technologies may make changes to its privacy statement at any time. We always announce changes on our website.
Link to other websites
The Argus Technologies website contains links to other websites. Argus Technologies BVBA is not responsible for practices in regard to the protection of privacy or the content of these websites.
Latest update: 25/05/2018